SINGLE AND HAPPY ON VALENTINES blog
The 14th of February is fast approaching and couples of all sorts are starting to trouble themselves on thinking of: 1. What to do on Valentines, 2. Where to eat on Valentines, 3. What to give on Valentines and 4. What to wear on Valentines. Single people, however, were given the perks to not care at all. In fact, additional perks such as the following were bestowed upon them:
- Stress-free day. Being single on Valentines means accepting no demands from someone. Isn’t it liberating to feel that you owe no one anything? Also, you can save your brain cells for more logical thinking instead of thinking where to eat when you already know for a fact that movie houses and restaurants are on full house. Witty, witty move.
- Lots of money. It’s a general knowledge that everything is expensive during Valentines -- flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals, teddy bears, foods, etc. EVERY. THING. COSTS. BOTH. OF. YOUR. LEGS! By being single on Valentines, you’ll be able to save yourself from the stress of saving up months before February. The money that you are supposed to spend on gifts can just be used for your most anticipated me-time.
- No awkward thank you’s. Be honest, there is really actually a time when you have received the worst gift from someone you like or someone who likes you. Valentines is really one of the most awkward days of the year. Imagine saying thank you for a gift you don’t really like?
- No potential fights. Being single means not worrying that things would turn out the other way around. When you are in a relationship, the stress and pressure of having a perfect Valentines is on both of your shoulders. If you are single, on the other hand, you don’t have to worry about any of these.
- Kiss your diet goodbye. Valentines is the most anticipated time of couples aside from their own anniversaries, most especially girls. Committed girls would surely spend a lot of time in the gym doing push ups and treadmills to achieve the body that they want to have before the night of Valentines comes. When you are single, you don’t have to worry about scoring a good impression of someone. All you have to be is yourself.
For sure, single people will get teased on Valentines because they don’t have a romantic partner who could they snuggle with. If you are single, be proud! Yes, you don’t have someone to snuggle with but you sure do have friends and you can play as the listener after their sweet Valentines night, or not. And most of all, be proud because you can spend the day of love with the people you owe love a lot -- your family.
image grabbed at http://somethingswedish.files.wordpress.com/