Knowing the Man behind ’Jon Snow’ (Game of Thrones)
Let’s face it: Jon Snow has been one of our most eligible bachelors in Westeros but he’s only been Ygritte’s match all along. You know nothing, Jon Snow. Those were Ygritte’s famous last words before she breathed her last on the Game of Thrones’ Episode 9, The Watchers on the Wall.
But truly, do we really know anything about the man behind Jon Snow?
The man behind the scenes is another story. Kit Harington, the hunky guy who got it all going for Games of Thrones, made his TV debut and is most popularly known because of his role as “Jon Snow”. So what do fans know about Kit Harington? Not much really but here are some interesting facts you should know about the Game of Thrones’ star.
- Named Christopher Catesby Harington by birth, Harington always went by his nickname “Kit”. He only found out that he was named “Christopher” when he was 11 and choose his nickname for his screen name.
- Kit has one brother, John.
- Kit descended from British peers. One of his ancestors, a viscount, served the British Secretary of War at the turn of the 19th century. His uncle, Sir Nicholas John Harington, is the 14th Baronet Harington.
- When he was young, Kit wanted to be a journalist, a cameraman, or a war correspondent before he decided to try his career on acting.
- Immediately after his graduation from drama school, Kit landed his first role as “Albert Narracott” in the World War I stage drama in London.
- For Kit, being a theater trained actor is his first career. Being a film and TV actor is just a welcome bonus.
- His parents, Deborah and David, are a playwright and a bookstore owner respectively.
- During the filming of the pilot episode of the Game of Thrones, Kit had to wear a wig. For the rest of the first season though, he just grew his hair out.
- Kit would love to star in a movie by Ridley Scott or Martin Scorcese.
- Henry V is his ideal role to play.
- According to Kit, his tastes in reading, theater, and film are “usually dark, not particularly heartwarming and funny”.
- Kit made his television debut playing “Jon Snow” in Game of Thrones in 2011.
- He admits that he is not very good when it comes to public transport.
- Aside from wanting to do a horror movie, Kit is also a David Lynch fan.
- Kit is not fond of video games, in fact, he’s terrified of it.
- The Northern accent he uses on the set of Game of Thrones was modeled after their ‘father’, Sean Bean.
- There are three things that frighten Kit: spiders, flying, and injections!
- Being naked is no problem for Kit. In fact, he enjoys strutting around naked even while on set.
Well there, that last bit of trivia pretty sums up everything. ;)
Image Credits: Movie Monger