Gluten Free Vegetarian Entree Recipes
Nowadays, people are trying to find new and healthier ways of eating which is why many diet and nutrition programs have sprung up. There’s the macrobiotic diet, South beach diet. However for those who would like a more lasting and long term health benefit, individuals would prepare gluten-free vegetarian entrance recipes that are not only good for one’s health but can also result in a satisfying and hearty meal as well. Here are some entrance recipes that people can try in their kitchen and serve to friends and family.
Lentil Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
A healthy alternative to the regular meat version of this dish. The lentil replaces the meat ingredient for this main entrance but could still provide a satisfying meal for your loved ones.
- 1/2 lb. lentils, cooked and drained
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh sage (crumbled)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 3 large potatoes (cooked)
- 1/2 to 1 c. hot soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of oregano
- cayenne pepper
- When cooking these vegetarian entrance recipes, it is always best to get the right temperature for the dish. Pre-heat the oven to 400?F.
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked lentils and mix in the onions, minced garlic. Mix in the herbs to season and flavor the lentils. Once these are well blended, spoon in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mash in the cooked potatoes, soy milk, margarine and salt. Beat the potatoes until fluffy in texture. You can do this manually or by using an electric mixer.
- Once the potatoes are well mashed, spread this on top of the lentil mixture. Place in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the mashed potatoes become dry. To keep the dish warm, you can set the oven to broiler setting and allow the mashed potato to turn light golden brown.
Macaroni and Cheese (Gluten-free)
Who wouldn’t say no to a bowl of this classic comfort food. It’s a healthier version by using rice macaroni and gluten free flour. People with gluten allergies wouldn’t have to miss out on this delicious comfort food.