Decorating Your Condominium Unit
Having to decorate a small space like your own condominium unit is not an easy job, especially if you’re not a professional interior decorator. But worry no more because here are some ideas and advice on furniture buying and decorating to maximize your private space.
- The first thing that you should remember is to always keep your unit neat and clean. It’s easier to move around a limited space when there’s nothing to block your way.
- Stick with neutral colors for your walls and flooring. White walls are advisable because they visually add light to the room.
- Use mirrors wisely – placing them on the walls gives an illusion of wider space.
- If your unit is studio type, better get a sofa bed instead of the regular bed. It doesn’t only save up space, it’s also multi-purpose. You have a sofa in the morning and a bed to sleep in at night.
- Getting a storage ottoman is also clever, as it serves as both a chair and place to store some of your things.
- Be a little creative. Install (or have someone install for you) some painted plywood on your wall and use them as both decoration and a simple bookshelf.
- You can add depth to your condo by getting statement pieces like a tall and stylish lampshade, a set of throw pillows in striking colors, a chandelier for your dining, etc. Just keep in mind that you don’t want to overdo it by putting too much (and too space-consuming) items.
Photo Credit: http://bs2h.com