Chocolates For A Romantic Valentine Dessert
Nothing is more romantic than giving and receiving chocolates on Valentine’s Day. Whether it’s dark, white, or even semi-sweet, chocolate has always signified love and romance for anyone. Giving and receiving chocolates this Valentine’s has been a common practice since the 1800’s where chocolates where first commercially produced and placed in heart shaped boxes. The rest they say is history. For this special day for couples and lovers, here are some easy-to-make chocolate desserts that would set a romantic mood this Valentine’s day.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 4 oz. (120 gm.) bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (chopped into pieces)
- 2 tbsp. strong coffee or espresso
- 2 large eggs(separate whites from yolks)
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c. light cream or half and half
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Cook chocolate and half and half over low heat in a medium saucepan. Heat until mixture is smooth and well-blended.
- Add the sugar slowly into the chocolate mixture until dissolved, for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract last stir until the last ingredients are well mixed into the fondue.
- Serve in a fondue pot or small chaffing dish and serve with slices of fresh fruit, bite size pieces of cake and marshmallows for dipping.
For this Valentines, you needn’t worry about buying expensive chocolates to give to your love ones. These chocolate recipes are easy to make and create an intimate setting for dessert for you and your love one.
Photo Credit: http://www.sheknows.com/