Be Positive, Be Beautiful
Life does not work like magnets where the positive pole attracts the negative pole. In life, like attracts like. Positive people are more likely to be drawn to positive things while negative people attract more negative energy which can cause them to be stressed out.
Surely, getting stressed every once in a while is normal. Sometimes, negativity is disguised as reality and people who are too positive are viewed as naive. But that is not true. People who view things positively just look at the other side of life and walk their way through that sunshine.
In order for you to attract positivity, ponder on the following ideas and feel better about yourself:
- Know that you do not have control over most things. You surely have planned something in your mind about your future -- about the things that you want to have, about the person that you want to be and about the status that you want to achieve. But remember, you don’t have control over time and fate. Your plans may be different from His plans. If ever an unfavourable situation comes, always remember that you cannot change the situation but you can definitely change the way you think.
- Free yourself from the past. “Past is past. Today is a gift that is why it’s called present.” You have probably heard or read this one somewhere. Always focusing on the things that were already done will not do you any good. You cannot undo things nor “unfeel” the feelings that you once felt. Most of all, you cannot edit history. The only way to change history is to make a new one -- a better one.
- Use your energy wisely. Your energy is your power. Without energy, you cannot do the things that you want. Stop giving away your powers to the things or people that will only make you feel bad. If possible, cut off the people who don’t deserve to stay in your life. It is better to have a few close friends than a hundred of acquaintances. Do things that make you happy -- sing your heart out, eat the foods that you want and indulge in your cravings. Enjoy life because you only have one.
- Spread love to others. Pay it forward! Every day, let someone know that he or she is worthy and beautiful. Give away love so you can get more love. Be generous in giving out compliments. You surely know how good it feels whenever you get complimented. Do the same to others.
- Be grateful about the things that you have. Instead of counting the things that you don’t have, count the blessings that you have now. Include intangible things such as love, patience, understanding, patience, friendship and trust. It is also good to be thankful for the kind of family and job that you have now. Think of the people who have less material things than you but are happier in life. Don’t hate, appreciate.
Remember that you can still be beautiful even if your smile is crooked or your hair is frizzled. When your outlook in life is positive, it reflects on your face. Positive people are beautiful people. So if you want to be beautiful, the easiest way to achieve your goal is to stay positive.
Image grabbed from http://www.lovethispic.com/