In a matter of days, 2013 will end we will all welcome the year 2014 with a bang. But in the last twelve months, several moments that made our jaws dropped happened. This flashback of events will surely get epic reactions once again.
- Selfie was added to the dictionary. In fact, selfie was even hailed as the word of the year by the Oxford Dictionary. Other words such as emoji and twerk were also added to the American Vocabulary. Hmmmm.
- Beyonce’s epic Superbowl halftime performance. The Queen Bee wowed the crowd again. She never fails, anyway. With her two soul sisters who are Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, both members of Destiny’s Child, Beyonce worked through a medley of her hits.
- Breaking Bad has ended. One of the best American Television series of all time has ended on September 2013.
- What does the fox say? Ding ding ding ding ding ding. Or probably wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
- The royal baby was born. Prince William and Kate Middleton’s baby boy is now known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. The little bundle of happiness was born on July 22, 2013.
- Miley Cyrus twerked on her VMA performance. Together with Robin Thicke, the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus performed a controversial song and dance number on the stage of VMA that made the live audience look in their hearts for the appropriate reaction to the said act.
- Jean Claude Van Damme did an epic split. With Volvo claiming that the stunt was real, Jean Claude Van Damme really shocked the world as he did an epic split in one of Volvo’s viral ads.
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95. The first black president of South Africa died at the age of 95 in his old house. With all the contributions that Mandela made to his country, the people of South Africa really mourned for their loss.
- Paul Walker’s tragic death. The late star of Fast and Furious and his friend, Roger Rodas died when their Porsche GT Carrera crashed and caught fire. This tragic incident happened on November 2013.
10. Justin Bieber’s retirement. The forever controversial young popstar said that he is retiring. “My beloved beliebers I’m officially retiring.” says Justin on his December 25 tweet. The words left his fans heartbroken. However, there are still rumors that the young singer’s mind is unclear and he might change his mind sooner or later.
The year 2013 has been a good and crazy one. Many eventful things happened but the year 2014 will surely offer a lot more than what we got in 2013. There are only a few days left before we finally bid goodbye to 2013. Are you ready for the new start?
image courtesy of http://www.drupaljunction.com